Table of contents
Personal data at Scandic Trans' disposal
Personal data that Scandic Trans dispose of is obtained from you directly, for example through an application for work, quotes or when we enter into a contract. Sometimes personal data may be collected from a third party such as the corporate and organizational data system (www.YTJ.fi). This is in order to be able to check the accuracy of certain data.
Scandic Trans possess personal data about the following groups
- Customers (past, present and potential)
- Staff (past, present and potential)
- Partners (past, present and potential)
- The personal data Scandic Trans possess can be divided into the following categories
- Identification information (e.g. first and last name, personal signature, date of birth)
- Contact details (e.g. Address, E-mail address, telephone number, postal institution, postal code, country, municipality)
- Personal data required by law( e.g. Tax and salary information, account number, certificate)
- Information related to operations (e.g. transport details or complaints)
- Other tasks (e.g. Service language, education, work experience, competencies)
Please note that different personal data groups have different personal data. This means that the processing and personal data Scandic Trans about you varies depending on whether you are a customer, staff at Scandic Trans or partners.
Why use Scandic Trans your personal data and on what legal basis?
In order to offer good customer service and good cooperation, personal data is needed. Scandic Trans process your personal data in order to perform legal duties, perform contracts, provide you with the best possible service or develop and conduct the business.
Maintenance of agreements
In order to maintain agreements with customers, employees and partners, Scandic Trans process, document and store certain personal data so that the agreements can last for the time needed. Examples of treatments with this basis:
- The creation and maintenance of working conditions. Also in order to be able to provide work certificates
- Cooperation between Scandic Trans and suppliers
- Performance of legal duties
A legal duty is something that Scandic Trans must comply with EU and Finnish legislation.
Examples of statutory obligations Scandic Trans have that require the processing of personal data are:
- Payment of taxes
- Accounting Act
- Record keeping at meetings
- Reporting to authorities
- Legitimate interest
Legitimate interest means that: Scandic Trans interest outweighs the individual's interest in the protection of their personal data. If you object to such treatment, the Scandic Trans prove that the processing is of legitimate interest otherwise the processing must cease.
Examples of treatments with a legitimate interest:
- Conducting analytics and marketing to develop their business
- CCTV, as it prevents hazards and crime
If there is no other basis, the processing of personal data is based on your consent. If you have given consent for a processing, it is always possible and at any time to withdraw the consent, which leads to an end to the processing. Please note that only processing based on consent will cease, NOT processing based on contract, legal duty or legitimate interest. If Scandic Trans ask you to give consent if a personal data processing is included with information about why and how the processing takes place.
With whom does Scandic Trans share personal data?
Scandic Trans may display some of the personal data with others depending on the situation in order to be able to conduct the business.
Examples of others who Scandic Trans share personal data with:
− Partners (drivers), in the field of transport and the performance of services
− Authorities (Social Insurance Institution, tax authorities)
− Occupational health care
− Insurance companies
− External companies that organise training for specific competences required to drive a truck
- WordPress on the website
Scandic Trans do not disclose personal data outside the EU or EEA.
You have the following rights as a data subject:
B) Right to information. You have the right to know on request what personal data Scandic Trans treating you. This should be done within 30 days of the request.
The information you will be told on request is at least:
- The purposes of the processing
- Categories of personal data
- If the personal data is disclosed to another party and especially if it is outside the EU or EEA
- How long personal data is processed and stored
- Where we obtained the personal data
C) Right to request rectification of incorrect or incomplete personal data. Correction shall be made without undue delay.
D) The right to request that one's personal data be deleted.
Deletion can only occur if any of these grounds are correct:
- Personal data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected
- The processing is based solely on your consent and you withdraw it
- You object to the processing and there is no legitimate reason for continued processing
- If the processing is done for direct marketing and you object to this
- Treatment is illegal
- If deletion is required to comply with a legal obligation
NOTE! Your personal data cannot be deleted if the personal data is needed to perform legal duties or comply with other legislation.
E) The right to request restriction of processing. An example of when you can use this right is if you have requested rectification of personal data and we need to check the new personal data or if you are waiting for an explanation of our legitimate interest.
F) Right to data portability. This means that upon request you can receive your personal data as Scandic Trans processes in a machine-readable format. If technically possible and secure, you shall be allowed to transfer the personal data to another data controller. This applies to personal data processing based on consent or agreement and only applies to personal data in technical format.
G) the right to object if the processing is based on legitimate interest; If you make an objection, the Scandic Trans prove that the treatment is really heavier than your interest. If you object to direct marketing, the processing will cease immediately.
Please note that rights may vary in different situations.
Storage and protection
Scandic Trans carry out impact assessments on a regular basis to more easily detect possible threats and to continuously develop the protection of your personal data. Scandic Trans protects your personal data by having limited access to the personal data, this means that only staff who need to process the personal data to carry out their work tasks have the personal data available. Personal data is stored in locked space or behind passwords as well as with other technical protections. Employees of Scandic Trans working under duty of work. The obligation of confidentiality continues even after the end of the working relationship.
Scandic Trans store your personal data for as long as necessary. This can be based on laws, standards or proprietary principles.
Contact Scandic Trans or the Data Protection Ombudsman
Oy Scandic Trans Ab
FI - 65 610 Mustasaari
You can also file a complaint or contact the Finnish Data Protection Ombudsman if you feel that Scandic Trans does not follow the instructions according to GDPR. The contact details of the Data Protection Ombudsman can be found on the website www.tietosuoja.fi/sv.